Principles and Practices at Hayat
At Hayat, we hope that students will lead to fulfilling, and happy lives in a comfortable, spiritual and secure environment, so that they may progress in their learning.
At Hayat accepts a wide range of pupils of differing abilities and interests and we are happy to accept any boarder who we feel will thrive in our friendly and caring environment. Boarding is allocated by age groups, in separate wings and on separate floors.
Approaching members of staff if they have a matter or complaint that they wish to discuss. Welfare support is provided through mentoring by the Boarding staff and the Teachers. Medical care is offered by the appropriately trained Boarding staff and administration staff, who are all trained in Medical Administration and First Aid.
- All pupils are obliged to attend the prayers regularly and on time.
- Excels in being an exemplary human and contributes to the wider community.
- Develops his understanding to enable him to fit into society and have a significant impact on clearing misconceptions and assisting in the propagation of co-existence and harmony
- Establishes a system of contemplation, reflection and personal worship to seek to attain inner peace and harmony
- Acquires a character that is courageous, kind, merciful, spiritual, wise and one with a strong sense of Taqwa (piety)
- Learns to incorporate the essential practices and spirit of Islam in his daily life
- Learns the importance of playing his part in contributing to a family and community
- Learns the value of service, duty and self-discipline
- Learns to develop a sense of responsibility for himself and others
- Appreciates the role and importance of education and character-building
- Learns the value of friendship, selflessness and helping others
- Learns to be responsible for his own health and hygiene
- Appreciates respects and honours the environment.
At Hayat, there will be other students of similar age. However, they may be of different backgrounds and from different places. It is important to get to know your roommates; this is part of learning about our fellow Muslims/ none Muslim
There will be a cupboard in the bedroom just for you; this is to contain all your clothing and school books etc.
In your bedroom, there is a smoke and fire alarm for everyone’s protection. Please do not play with these items for health and safety reasons.
Keeping bedrooms clean and tidy is your responsibility, work out a rota with your room-mates to clean it regularly. The bedrooms will be inspected regularly to ensure that they are clean. Above all, remember Rasulullah (PBUH) has stated that cleanliness is half of Imaan.